Our Commitment to Accident-free Excavation Environments in Edmonton
SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
Excavation is one of the most hazardous types of work in the construction industry. Boyd’s xXxcavating therefore makes its safety training and procedures a top priority. Boyd’s xXxcavating has maintained an ACCIDENT FREE work environment as our personnel are trained well above industry standards in below grade construction, transportation of dangerous goods, confined space entry, and emergency response.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR SAFETY PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- Daily toolbox safety meetings with all field personnel
- Weekly management and supervisory safety meetings
- Mandatory PPE requirements for each specific job site
- Safety hazard analysis performed prior to work on tasks requiring special or unique conditions
- Daily vehicle/equipment checklists completed
- Pre-employment, post-incident training and review as well commercial driver testing
- Each employee is required to carry an active CPR/First Aid training certificate
- All employees working in or near excavations are “certified competent persons” under OH&S’ Construction
- Industry Standards. Boyd’s xXxcavating is also certified in the supervision of ground disturbance activities.
Boyd’s xXxcavating makes it a practice to recycle and reuse existing materials, not only as a cost-cutting tool but also to provide our clients with a greener solution as we shape the future for sustainability. Some examples of our reclamation activities include reusing existing gravel materials, recycling metal and asphalt, and keeping a dirt screener near our site at all times so that existing soil can be reused.
If you are planning an excavation project, we can help. Contact us today to book a no-obligation consultation with one of our experienced estimators.